Wesley Eddy <w...@mti-systems.com> writes:

> IMHO, Standards Track carries more weight to say that there are no
> sharp corners, and the IETF is pretty sure this works well.
> Experimental is more cautious saying this looks pretty useful, and you
> should consider trying it out, but it might have some rough edges
> (e.g. like open research questions, identified in several of the AQM
> drafts).

Well, for the FQ-CoDel algorithm the caveats are more of the form
"fairness queueing in some cases have limitations", not "this particular
algorithm has limitations". So if we assume that people know what a
fairness queueing algorithm is, I think that FQ-CoDel can most certainly
be considered to "work well". I think the fact that it is now on *by
default* in a whole range of Linux distributions should attest to that.

-Toke