From: aqm [mailto:aqm-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Wesley Eddy
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:27 PM
To: aqm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [aqm] status of PIE drafts WGLC

On 1/22/2016 10:01 AM, Wesley Eddy wrote:
> Hello; the working group last call on the PIE drafts generated some
> emails, but I don't think I've seen any response from the editors.
> Specifically, there were a couple of emails with algorithm description
> questoins and technical comments from Rasool Al-Saadi and Ilpo
> Jarvinen, both with specific points that should be addressed.
>
> For the most part, as I understand the comments, these are things that
> can be relatively simply fixed up or the intent clarified, and not
> catastrophic issues that would prevent the PIE docs from being
> publishable.  Please correct me if I misunderstand though.
>
> If the editors can respond and work up a revision that addresses the
> comments to the satisfaction of Rasool and Ilpo, I'd like to keep the
> PIE documents moving forward.

To be clear also, I think at this stage, the feedback received from the working
group isn't supporting Proposed Standard, and that the next
update should be targeted "Experimental".   I can mark it that way in
the datatracker, but can't edit the document header myself, and these need to
be consistent before going to the IESG.

I've heard a couple other people seem to agree with going Experimental for the
CoDel, FQ-CoDel, and PIE drafts and getting all three into the RFC Editor's
hands sooner rather than later. (DOCSIS-PIE will be
Informational.)  I've not yet heard folks saying that they really need a PS now
and that PIE should be a PS now.

Definitely shout and correct me here if I'm wrong here, but I think this is the
fastest path forward.