Hi,

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000 17:44:31 +0000, Kali McLaughlin wrote:

> Sympathies with Willy on registration
> .......I have been added to my boyfiriends list of bad jokes:
> " I have this girlfried who is so gullible that she sent money to somone
> called *Network & Fiction* in the Czech Republic!"

> Seriously though, I did and heard nothing.  I have just sent off a
> generaous bank
> cheque in Australian dollars to Michael Polak.  See if this gets a
> response!

I've been trying to register many software from people who wrote
and posted their programs years ago and many of them didn't reply.
Okay, I can understand that. But if someone (like Michael P.)
releases a program and in the same year _refuses_ to reply
registration requests, that's a shame for the shareware-business in
general and for the writer in person! Specially if the program comes
with the request for registration (inc. delay screens and mail
signature).

> *** Path statemnets!!!! I have a Vdisk provided by DRDOS which seems fine
> and the TEMP directory loads some pages instantly but mail reading
> is painful. I can get around this by reading and editing the .cnn and .tbs
> in a DOS editor. I have tried running the whole of Arachne on a V disk but
> it wont find its mailboxes. I would have expected that absolute
> addresses listed in PREFERENCES would have worked.

Are you sure that the absolute addresses end with a backslash (the \ sign) ?
I 'ran around' with the mailboxes across my HDD partititons and never had
any trouble with that.

> *** The mouseless operation is infuriatingly unreliable with no
> selections alowed below about thalf the page!
> I have found that "mouse highlight" is great for revealing the problem,
> and that  loading the mouse driver, even if there is no mouse, fixes
> the problem.  Good!

You're lucky, my mousedrivers won't load w/o a mouse.

- Best regards,

- Willy J. Hoogstraten.

- End of message -