> One RFC-related problem I have discovered with Arachne is the problem
> of having a line in an email message beginning with the word "begin".
> Arachne will interpret the word "begin" as a keyword signalling the
> beginning of an inserted UUENCODED file.  This problem we have discussed
> on the list a very long time ago.  Don't start a line beginning with
> "begin" unless you want to send an inserted UUENCODED file.  Don't begin
> the beguine unless it's your kind of dance and you know all the right
> steps.  You will get tripped up by your fair lady and you will fall on
> your face.  Maybe some other email client programs have similar problem
> in this regard.

> Sam Heywood

I've noticed some newsgroup and email messages with a fake uuencode virus
attachment beginning with begin  (I forget the number) Pornpic.jpg.vbs
which I can't find right now, but it viewed correctly for me in Arachne 1.70r3.
Outlook Express users see this cyber version of a rubber snake as a cyber
version of a real snake.  Now I will experiment to see what happens in Arachne,
there will be a begin...If you don't see it, try viewing in a text editor, or
saving to a .txt file, then you can even view in Arachne.

begin  99 to-see-what-this-looks_like_in_Arachne
This ain't no virus, nobody need worry.
It can't infect even an Outlook Express user.
end
 of this experiment.
I typed this using elvis 2.1_4 DOS port, an enhanced clone of Unix-native vi
editor.  I will see what happens if I view this in Arachne 1.70r3.