On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:39:50 -0500, Sam Ewalt wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 14:04:21 -0400, Roger Turk wrote:

>> We NEED secure shell capabilities AND javascript capabilities in Arachne as
>> soon as possible.

> What we need and what we're going to get may be two completely
> different things.

> Glenn has done a truly outstanding job of keeping Arachne development
> heading forward. We all owe him a debt of gratitude and appreciation.

Thank you very much for the 'much-needed' boost to my ego. :))

> Maybe some sort of team effort can be orgainized after Micheal
> officially releases the latest version with the source code.

> Obviously, major improvements are going to require major investments
> of time and effort from skilled people. But is there enough interest
> to make major improvements?

> Only time will tell. We can only hope.

Quite correct.
Only time will tell.

I am sorry to say that I am not the programmer to look to for making
such extensive changes/additions.

Yes,
I can make little 'tweaks' here-and-there in the SRC code which can make
existing features work a little better or a little differently than they
did before.

I can even make some small additions which add new features.

(a few examples)
added IgnoreJS,
added IgnoreCID,
added Https2Http,
added $K,
changed, POP3.LOG to make it more verbose,
fixed the "Cacheindex.dgi bug" in WWWMAN.EXE,
fixed the " 'Begin' located at start of line bug" in INSIGHT.EXE,
(and a few other small changes).

But as for adding JS support.....
I must admit that this is beyond my programming abilities. :(

> Does anyone have any constructive ideas about how to encourage
> Arachne development?

> Please speak up if you do.

We need programmers who have better abilities than mine.

Two of them come to mind right-off-the-bat.

Bernie and Clarence. ;-)

BTW,
Please allow me to apologize to all list members for making those
'snide remarks' in my earlier replies.

--
 Glenn
 http://arachne.cz/