All viruses originate from the same machine. Probably one with a fast
connection. This is what i call "The machine gun" effect of a virused
computer with a fast connection.

I've experienced the same effect when a friend of mine from USA with a
cable connection got infected by Klez. He left the house for the weekend
while the computer was running. I received no less than 200 copies of Klez
in three days.