Hi,

I have profiled the execution of a single-facet query with the MMFiles
engine this morning and I think we will be able to reduce the execution
time quite a bit.
In my local tests, I have seen improvements of around 40% in case there is
a full collection scan (no indexes) and there is a collect/count on a
single attribute.
Here is the PR with the changes for reference:
https://github.com/arangodb/arangodb/pull/3265

However, even with those changes applied (currently they are contained in
the PR only) the combined execution time for multiple facet queries will
not get below one second.
But at least it would be a step in the right direction, and other queries
in MMFiles should also benefit from this.

Best regards
Jan