On Fri, 16 Nov 2018, Steffen Huber wrote:

Ian Jeffray <i...@jeffray.co.uk> wrote:

I'd vote for git, especially if that's coming to RISC OS (26bit?)

I expect Jeffrey is currently (after successfully initiating the
port of SimpleGit) working on a Git client for all Acorn machines
starting with the A305 running Arthur. Not yet sure if it fits
in 512 KiB RAM, maybe the minimum system requirement will need to
be 1 MiB RAM.

He will send you a floppy disc once it is ready.

Or for a slightly more serious answer - the current port of SimpleGit should work down to RISC OS 3.5 (i.e. standard GCC/UnixLib compatibility claims). I'd expect the amount of RAM you have to be the main blocker to using it on older machines (it'll have come from a world of memory-mapped files and virtual memory, so large commits or large repositories are likely to eat up lots of RAM).

Cheers,

- Jeffrey