So long as it'll work on a 256MB RiscPC with Adjust, I'm happy ;)

I.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Lee <m...@phlamethrower.co.uk>
Sent: 16 November 2018 18:47
To: arcem-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Sourceforge Ditching CVS Write Access.

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018, Steffen Huber wrote:

>> Ian Jeffray <i...@jeffray.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I'd vote for git, especially if that's coming to RISC OS (26bit?)
>
> I expect Jeffrey is currently (after successfully initiating the port
> of SimpleGit) working on a Git client for all Acorn machines starting
> with the A305 running Arthur. Not yet sure if it fits in 512 KiB RAM,
> maybe the minimum system requirement will need to be 1 MiB RAM.
>
> He will send you a floppy disc once it is ready.

Or for a slightly more serious answer - the current port of SimpleGit should
work down to RISC OS 3.5 (i.e. standard GCC/UnixLib compatibility claims).
I'd expect the amount of RAM you have to be the main blocker to using it on
older machines (it'll have come from a world of memory-mapped files and
virtual memory, so large commits or large repositories are likely to eat up
lots of RAM).

Cheers,

- Jeffrey