Le 13/03/2018 à 13:42, Antonio Rojas via arch-dev-public a écrit :

> El martes, 13 de marzo de 2018 11:23:07 (CET) Bruno Pagani via
> arch-dev-public escribió:
>> Some projects seems to default to Debug instead of None… So should we
>> specify a BUILD_TYPE of None instead of Release?
>>
> Not sure if it's a good idea to systematically override the build type when
> it has been explicitely set by upstream. Some projects may be doing so for
> good reasons. Although explicitely setting it to Debug in a release tarball
> seems odd, do you have any example of such a project?

The one I had in mind:
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L122

Release tarball is the same, they don’t change anything w.r.t. CMake in
release tarball. Maybe it’s just one project and all other Arch Linux
packages are not affected, but dropping BUILD_TYPE automatically at repo
scale does not seems a good idea. I would prefer a todo list with
instructions on checking what BUILD_TYPE and more importantly FLAGS
where actually used by the build, even if I know you would rather have
avoided one.