On 6/1/20 8:04 am, Morten Linderud via arch-dev-public wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 07:53:21AM +1000, Allan McRae via arch-dev-public
> wrote:
>> Following the roll out of the base metapackage, and its poorly written
>> news post, we agreed that all new posts should have a draft posted to
>> arch-dev-public.
>
> Wait, where was this agreed? I heard something about all drafts should be
> headed
> for arch-dev, but this hasn't been announced nor discussed anywhere.
>
> Are the TUs missing from the loop here?

After the base metapackage pile of crap that was posted, I (and others)
reminded everyone of the process that had been held for years.

The response was complaints that this process was not followed recently,
to which we pointed at the arch-dev-public mailing list post for
multiple non-trivial news entries.  Only simple "--overwrite" type posts
have not been posted on arch-dev-public.

This is not new - it has been the standard for many, many years -
spanning from before I was around the distro.

Allan