On 05/07/10 07:08, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:

It would appear that on Jul 4, f...@kokkinizita.net did say:

I'm using XDM which is relatively painless compared to
GDM, KDM and friends. With a modified 'Arch' setup it
can be made to look nice.

I've yet to find a DE that will remember enough details of a konsole window
in it's saved sessions method to prestart the correct application(s) in the
correct konsole windows etc...

I don't suppose XDM can be configured to use a ~/.xinitrc like script that
will let me prestart selected terminal applications in a simular manor?

You could try slim, is graphical login manager which uses .xinitrc It works well for me, looks good and very lightweight.

Ross.