På Tue, 27 Mar 2012 23:43:36 -0000, skrev Don deJuan <donjuans...@gmail.com>:

On 03/26/2012 03:08 AM, Paul Gideon Dann wrote:
On Monday 26 Mar 2012 02:18:53 Saurav Modak wrote:
Have you tried manually adding it in grub.cfg BTW?

Editing grub.cfg is a naughty thing to do with Grub2 :p The "correct" thing to do would be to add the fallback to /etc/grub.d/41_custom. However, Grub previously automatically detected the fallback correctly. I'm wondering why
it doesn't now.

Paul

After a kernel panic on boot after todays kernel update (unrelated) while doing things to get back up and running I just realized this as well. I do not have a fallback image for either of the 2 kernels I run for arch.

I think after a grub2 upgrade first you have to install new grub to MBR and then update grub config.

--
/ronny