On 03/28/2012 12:49 AM, Kirill Churin wrote:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Don deJuan<donjuans...@gmail.com>  wrote:
ls /boot
grub                                 lost+found
initramfs-linux-fallback.img         memtest86+
initramfs-linux.img                  root
initramfs-linux-qosmio-fallback.img  vmlinuz-linux
initramfs-linux-qosmio.img           vmlinuz-linux-qosmio

Generating grub.cfg ...
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-linux-qosmio
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
Found initrd image: /boot/initramfs-linux-qosmio.img
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-linux
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
Found initrd image: /boot/initramfs-linux.img
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin
  No volume groups found
Found Windows 7 (loader) on /dev/sda1

I did not notice the grep output the other times, I think I saw something on
the boards about that.

Obviously, there are no fallback kernels, so grub-mkconfig doesn't find it.

ok well not obvious to me as they were there and working before grub2's most recent 2 updates that came through. Now no longer, sorry if its just noise