On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Tom Gundersen <t...@jklm.no> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Wrong, they are going to ram systemd down our throats. Believe you me. And
>> why
>> is the onus always on the end-user?
>
> Most of us who work on initscriptst agree that systemd is superior and
> that most people will move to it one day. However, we are trying very

That's what worries me, that you sincerelly find it superior. I don't doubt
your good intentions.

> hard to make initscripts a viable option as long as possible. So, no,
> we are not trying to ram anything down anyone's throats.

I didn't mean the Arch devs, I meant Mr. Poettering & friends. I made clear
that I think the Arch devs have a difficult task, trying to keep the Arch
spirit while keeping in sync with upstream. This may prove impossible if
"upstream" is taken over by a couple of devs with a huge superavit of
self-esteem and a deficit of esteem for Unix. Again, having contempt for Unix
is perfectly legitimate, but they should assume it and start their own OS. One
can always hope that things will change for the better upstream.

J.