Hello Arch developers,

After an upstream issue reported by Laurent Carlier (aka lordheavy)
Istarted wondering why builds fail on his end and not my (Arch)
machine.
The key difference seems to be that he's using devtools, whereas I do not.

After a further chat, I got the impression that devtools installs
runtime dependencies before/alongside(?) as the PKGBUILD build/install
target is issued.

This doesn't sound quite right to me. Shouldn't it be done, only on
runtime scenarios - say the check target?

Of course, I could be missing something so if anyone has some pointers
that will be appreciated.

Thanks
Emil