I am trying to install Arches 4.0 on Windows and ran into some errors. But
before posting them I have a question about 'mapnik'. The instruction on
https://arches4.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation/ says:

   - *Mapnik Installation instructions: *
   *http://mapnik.org/pages/downloads.html*
   <http://mapnik.org/pages/downloads.html>*. Mapnik is not fully supported
   on Windows, a few tileserver operations will not be available.*

But then if I click

   - Installing Dependencies Windows

<https://github.com/archesproject/arches/wiki/Installing-Dependencies-on-Windows>

the message is a little different:
*Mapnik*

*Mapnik is not fully supported on Windows, a few tileserver operations will
not be available.*

There is no link to mapnik.org any more. So my question is: in order to
install Arches 4.0 on Windows, do I need to have Mapnik installed? I
understood there will be some functionality missing on Windows, but do I
still need to install it to proceed with Arches installation? Or should/can
I omit it altogether?

Thank you in advance for any info.

Viktor