I use AWS Elasticsearch Service and I am having trouble setting its access
policy.

One option to manage access to ES is whitelisting individual IP addresses,
which is not a real option for me, as I run everything in clusters and I
create and destroy EC2 instances all the time.

Another option is to set up an Nginx proxy through which I route all
traffic to ES, so that I only have to whitelist a single IP. Yet, this
implies overhead and additional cost.

The third option is to use IAM roles, which can be thought of as user
accounts (with id and secret key). However, in this case requests sent to
Elasticsearch need to be signed by Arches.
E.g. using this tool: https://github.com/DavidMuller/aws-requests-auth

Would this use case be general enough to include this in Arches?
If not, how would I go about editing and overwriting the code in
arches/app/search to accomplish this?
Especially since Arches does not seem to use the `requests` module.

Thanks very much,
Vincent