Hello Adam and Alexei again!

First of all i would like to thank you both for your help!

Well...unfortunately there are still issues.

At first, i followed Alexei's advice and reinstalled Arches from pip... as
a matter of fact the error message i've received back differentiated :

*(ENV) C:\Projects\my_project>python manage.py es install -d C:\Projects*
*Traceback (most recent call last):*
*  File "manage.py", line 29, in <module>*
*    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)*
*  File
"C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\__init__.py",
line 353, in execute_from_command_line*
*    utility.execute()*
*  File
"C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\__init__.py",
line 345, in execute*
*    self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\base.py",
line 348, in run_from_argv*
*    self.execute(*args, **cmd_options)*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\base.py",
line 398, in execute*
*    self.check()*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\base.py",
line 426, in check*
*    include_deployment_checks=include_deployment_checks,*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\core\checks\registry.py",
line 75, in run_checks*
*    new_errors = check(app_configs=app_configs)*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\core\checks\urls.py",
line 10, in check_url_config*
*    return check_resolver(resolver)*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\core\checks\urls.py",
line 19, in check_resolver*
*    for pattern in resolver.url_patterns:*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\utils\functional.py",
line 33, in __get__*
*    res = instance.__dict__[self.name] = self.func(instance)*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\core\urlresolvers.py",
line 417, in url_patterns*
*    patterns = getattr(self.urlconf_module, "urlpatterns",
self.urlconf_module)*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\utils\functional.py",
line 33, in __get__*
*    res = instance.__dict__[self.name] = self.func(instance)*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\core\urlresolvers.py",
line 410, in urlconf_module*
*    return import_module(self.urlconf_name)*
*  File "c:\python27\Lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module*
*    __import__(name)*
*  File "C:\Projects\my_project\my_project\urls.py", line 5, in <module>*
*    url(r'^', include('arches.urls')),*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\conf\urls\__init__.py",
line 52, in include*
*    urlconf_module = import_module(urlconf_module)*
*  File "c:\python27\Lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module*
*    __import__(name)*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\arches\urls.py", line 23, in
<module>*
*    from arches.app.views import concept, entity, main, map, resources,
search, config, graph, tileserver*
*  File "C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\arches\app\views\search.py",
line 41, in <module>*
*    from arches.app.utils.data_management.resources.exporter import
ResourceExporter*
*  File
"C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\arches\app\utils\data_management\resources\exporter.py",

line 11, in <module>*
*    from formats.shpfile import ShpWriter*
*  File
"C:\Projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\arches\app\utils\data_management\resources\formats\shpfile.py",

line 5, in <module>*
*    from django.contrib.gis.gdal import DataSource*
*ImportError: cannot import name DataSource*

So i googled around and found another topic in Arches community where
Alexei proposed to a user to add in the settings.py the gdal path:

*"So just to be clear, your GDAL_LIBRARY_PATH setting looks like this in
your settings.py file:*

*GDAL_LIBRARY_PATH = 'C:/OSGeo4W64/bin/gdal111.dll'  #<--- Note the forward
slashes!*

*-Alexei"*

However in my case at the settings.py there is nowhere to be found a field
for GDAL so i may fill it accordingly (i ve used OSGeo4W to install it but
for some reason i found 2 dll's : gdal201.dll & gdal202.dll)...anyway i've
included the above line for each one of the 2 dll's but
haven't worked..still getting the same error "no data source found".

So i thought to give a try with the .bat file you have created (and thank
you for that!). Unfortunately for me haven't worked. The bat creates a
folder named ArchesProjects where inside there is only a temp folder that
contains the shapely...whl file, on the other hand it does not create
Python27Arches as you have mentioned. During the process (which i am
putting you screenshots at the end of this message as i cannot attach a txt
file at google groups) i gave a name to the project and then i have been
asked for a mapbox api key (i could not find it so i left it empty), then i
wrote the absolute path for GDAL dll (system could not find the path
specified). Also during the process as you may see there are the python
errors "no file or such directory".
Then i had this error for elasticsearch (no folder created also) and
finally when i press any key for the browser to open i see only a blank tab
(obviously).

Maybe i should try do sth else or different or maybe am i missing something
?

Thank you for reading this long message and helping...also i will be more
than glad once the Arches is finally installed to help you/contribute in
v.4 documentation so to help others experiencing the same issues they may
have.

George.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1exI3smBd5Y/WUEAOLCL7cI/AAAAAAAAQwk/pthBkrcw-KkrbjKa_6b5yoJ4MnvvO7cwgCLcBGAs/s1600/process1.PNG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-np6D11G6nfY/WUEAV3i16nI/AAAAAAAAQwo/tRdFrCPS8ZomrZMXDfR8xT6hwBdIP6kIACLcBGAs/s1600/process2.PNG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CRBfoOhmWpo/WUEAbIMtGxI/AAAAAAAAQws/pug0o8NxoKc_cNQXcdY5NuIjbCZboT0bQCLcBGAs/s1600/process3.PNG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3tlxJ48K7WY/WUEAoFgU0YI/AAAAAAAAQww/JkjDApqLFTIZYDQ1gYOr8SGpJd9e5zzdgCLcBGAs/s1600/elasticsearch%2Berror.PNG>

Τη Δευτέρα, 12 Ιουνίου 2017 - 9:33:55 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Adam Cox έγραψε: