Dear Forum users,

I have a couple of questions regarding the applicability of Arches to our
spatial heritage documentation project. I want to know if you think, Arches
is overkill or not applicable for our project.

Website: www.zamaniproject.org

Our team documents heritage sites and creates associated metadata using the
Dublin Core Standards.

We create

   1.

   High resolution 3D models using laser scans (textured & untextured)
   2.

   Plans & sections derived from the laser scans
   3.

   GIS’s of the sites
   4.

   Full dome Panoramas
   5.

   Collection of Casual photos
   6.

   Drone imagery

I would like to use Arches to make our data more “visible” online. Our web
site shows a sample of our data, but does not have any query functionality,
login capability etc..

I started installing Arches V3 on a local machine and got it to work
partially, but took me some time to get it going. The effort to get Arches
to work was then stopped as we are unsure if it is worthwhile.

So my questions are:

   -

   Is it worthwhile for me to look further into Arches ?
   -

   Is there a possibility of importing, in a batch fashion, Dublin Core
   metadata ( xml or csv) into Arches easily ?
   -

   Any other suggestions ?

Thanks for your time

Regards