After downloading a zip archive of the repo, the installation was more
successful this time (
https://gist.github.com/daosborne/e65d6fb2b3601796af3bbb324d29bbe3).
However, several import errors were reported and the resource_import.log
file contained 30,188 lines like
Sat Nov 11 10:49:54 2017 ERROR: Relation not created, either zero or
multiple resources found with legacyid: 6a535ad3-2cc7-422b-aae5-9b4ab5a6c1a7
so I suspect I may be missing some data.

I also have the problem that after starting up the Django server,
attempting to save the Mapbox key in the system settings just produces the
rotating dots on the screen and nothing further happens.

Maybe I need to check the installation of Arches and its dependencies?

David