Hi Mark,

Yes, we know of Arches users who define "managing" heritage as ongoing
activities that document the condition of a heritage assets, linking
documents that describe interventions, and activities that evaluate a
heritage object with the goal of determining whether it is suitable for
enhanced protection status.

We're also starting to look at creating an Arches application that would
allow organizations to formally track the case work, communications,
mitigation requirements, and monitoring efforts associated with permit
applications and how they might impact heritage resources.

Really, Arches has been designed to allow you to define how you want to
"manage" heritage.  Arches can track the information associated with
managing heritage, and it will allow you to implement management workflows
(via Python and Javascript) if you need to implement sophisticated
management workflows.

Hope this helps,

Dennis