Dear Xavier

I would like to add to Dennis' response to your query by mentioning a few
different implementations of the Arches platform  that the Arches Project
is aware of that deal with either condition monitoring or risk assessment
of cultural heritage resources. As Dennis mentioned, Arches provides for
multiple ways of analyzing risk/threat information, including through
displaying the geospatial distribution of specific types of risk/threat,
potentially including risk assessments that have been made within specific
time spans.

The *Endangered Archaeology in the Middle East and North Africa (EAMENA)
*project,
which based at the Universities of Oxford, Leicester and Durham in the UK,
has been recording archaeological sites and landscapes deemed to be under
threat across the entire Middle East and North Africa region. The project
has devised a wide-ranging controlled vocabulary of specific threat types
that it has been recording, and has thus far recorded more than 100,00
archaeological resources. You can find more information about the EAMENA
instance of Arches v3 as well as access to a public version at:
http://eamena.arch.ox.ac.uk/resources/database-2/
<http://eamena.arch.ox.ac.uk/resources/database-2/>

The *Armed Forces Retirement Home* is a US government agency that manages a
historic campus in Washington, DC that has been in continuous operation as
a retirement home for veterans since the 1850s. The Armed Forces Retirement
Home and its staff have been using their instance of Arches to manage its
campus planning and federal environmental compliance activities, which
includes recording the monitoring of cultural resources. You can access the
AFRH instance of Arches v3 at: http://www.afrh-iris.com

The* Florida Public Archaeology Network
<http://www.flpublicarchaeology.org/>*, or FPAN, is a US state of Florida
supported organization of regional centers dedicated to public outreach and
assisting Florida municipalities and the Florida Division of Historical
Resources "to promote the stewardship and protection of Florida's
archaeological resources." FPAN is now preparing for the launch of its
instance of Arches v4 to, in part, serve as a tool for statewide monitoring
of the condition of and threats to archaeological resources.

In case you didn't see it, you might also find of interest this recent post
on the forum regarding ways that a couple of Arches implementations
(including AFRH) are being used for heritage management purposes:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/archesproject/MaPCL5QMnrM/NgVGR71_BQAJ
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/archesproject/MaPCL5QMnrM/NgVGR71_BQAJ>

Feel free to send a message directly to me if you would like me to put you
in touch with any the individuals working with Arches in these examples.

Best,
David Myers
For the Arches team