Hi Mike,

Your question about remote development inspired me to look into it further. I’m
not sure what cloud hosting solution you are using but I was able to get a
development environment working in AWS Cloud9. Here are the rough steps I
followed:

1. Create Cloud9 dev environment and do a dev installation
<https://arches.readthedocs.io/en/stable/creating-a-development-environment/#creating-a-development-environment>
 of arches (make sure you pick an instance with enough resources to for
postgres, elasticsearch, etc — alternatively you can use hosted services and
wire them up in a settings_local.py)

2. In Cloud9 create a new project or clone an existing project (follow steps to
create a db and deploy pkg data)

3. (Possibly optional) Create a run configuration in cloud9 (You can follow
directions in this article:
https://cscheng.info/2018/08/19/trying-out-aws-cloud9-ide-for-django-development.html

<https://cscheng.info/2018/08/19/trying-out-aws-cloud9-ide-for-django-development.html>
 - remember port 8080 for Cloud9)

4. Run your configuration enjoy your dev deployment and share your cloud9
environment with other devs.

I hope this helps. Good luck and please let us know how it turns out for you.

Regards,
Ryan