On behalf of the project team, I am delighted to announce the launch of the
Historic Environment Record for Jersey Heritage. The culmination of a
three-year development, the HER contains details of 5,137 historic
buildings and archaeological sites, and 206 records of finds on the island
of Jersey, together with information on related survey activities, archives
and bibliographic data.

The project was managed by Dr Peter Chowne, in collaboration with Roger
Hills and Georgia Robinson of Jersey Heritage, while I provided technical
advice and implementation. On the subject of support, I’d like to record my
thanks to all those at Farallon, particularly Alexei, Dennis and Cyrus and
other forum users, particularly Adam Cox, who answered my many questions
and helped us to get this service up and running. I couldn’t have done it
without you!

Hosted in a virtual server on Amazon Web Services (AWS), running Ubuntu
16.04, the HER uses Arches version 4.4.2. It is accessible at the URL

https://her.jerseyheritage.org

David