Hello Architecture!

As I mentioned on the Architecture call today, this is our email list!  You can
totally send email to it, and nearly every person on the project will receive a
copy of it!  Which is great if you need technical details, or an overview of
something. Whether you’re working the Morphic branded distribution of the GPII,
or another smaller project or grant that uses some of the GPII libraries, or a
browser extension that helps us and uses some of the JSON schemas and payloads
we’ve designed over the last decade, or the Morphic branded C# GUI app for
modifying a subset of builtin settings and AT, or EVEN that server based
matchmaker we had a long time ago written in Lua!  In Lua!!! Or even our
original reference implementation of the GPII in linux that made use of Gnome’s
excellent built-in accessibility support… which I wouldn’t be surprised if it
still worked better than our Windows and MacOS implementations given their
overwhelming and archaic API’s.

Additionally, folks are spread out amongst a large number of chat mediums, but
I’m pretty sure even person who joins the project in any capacity still signs
up for this list.

These are crazy times.  People are quarantined, many people on the project are
giving birth, others are at home with their smaller humans that are similar to
themselves, and folks hours might be working weird hours, and the vast array of
IRC, Skype, Slack, XYZed messenger notifications might get lost.  So think
about perhaps sending an electronic mail if we need to have some longer
conversations that require multiple paragraphs.  Or even if you just are
working on something cool.  I will follow-up by sending one shortly.  And kudos
if you already do post some of your technical details here (Joseph).  The email
list hasn’t been super active the past couple years, but if you think you might
miss the person on {Slack|IRC|Skype|Signal} and you’re not sure when you’ll be
able to schedule a voice meeting, this is a great medium you can use.

This ends my Wednesday Public Service Announcement.

Cheers,
Steve (Hens)