Hi Kasun/Malaka,

Once we import a connector into DevS, it will be stored in a shared
location for all the ESB projects in workplace. We can use the connectors
in this shared location while creating CAPP. Please note that these
connectors will not be uploaded to the SVN or Git while uploading created
Developer Studio projects since DevS projects and Connectors are located in
two different locations in the directory hierarchy.

Consider an automated deployment scenario where a CI tool like Jenkins
involving in building and deploying CAPPs into servers using the source
code deployed in a SVN or Git repository. Due to the fact mentioned in the
above paragraph, the automated build will be failed due to the
unavailability of connectors in the SVN/Git. To avoid this build failure we
can consider following solutions.

1. Include connectors into DevS project hierarchy(using new project type or
including connectors into ESB project) and upload them into SVN/Git with
other DevS projects.
2. Build connectors as maven artifacts and deploy them into a public Maven
repository.

Including connectors into ESB projects and upload them into SVN/Git seems
redundant work as we have to upload the same connector again and again when
we have large number of ESB projects.  And creating a new project type for
connectors also an overhead for users. They have to create ESB projects,
Composite projects, Connectors projects etc..

I think it will be more convenient, if we can build and deploy connectors
as Maven artifacts into a public maven repo. Then all we need is to put a
maven dependency in the CAPP pom file to include a connector into CAPP.

Is there any possibility to deploy connectors as maven artifacts into a
public repo?

Thanks,
Viraj.

Viraj Rajaguru