Hi Azeez,

Does this timeout in open state occurs in exponentially (first timeout in
10 secs, next in 20 secs etc) or linearly when transitioning back to
half-open state? For example if the state is in "Open" and now the timeout
(lets say 10secs timeout) occurs. Then the state is moved to "half-open"
state. But the next request is also a failure and breaker state is moved
back to "open". In this occasion the what will be the timeout value? Is it
10 secs or 20 secs?

Having an exponential timeout might be beneficiary here as it might save
lot of resources if the service is continuously failing. But I think it
would be better if we can provide both options in a configurable manner. So
it is up to the developer to decide which method to use.

Thanks,

Harshan Liyanage
Software Engineer
Mobile: *+94724423048*