Storing configurations in DB has some other advantages like security (where
users cannot alter settings or read sensitive data).

However, IMO it will add an unnecessary overhead because we have to rely on
DB connection and reading overhead is also there.

But, I agree on the point about the enable/disable configurations
(monetization, stats, etc,) where it require a server restart after config
changes atm. In this case, can't we watch the config file for changes (ex:
using WatchService) and reload if there are changes to config properties?

Thanks & Regards,

Inosh Goonewardena
Associate Technical Lead- WSO2 Inc.
Mobile: +94779966317