Hi Jayanga,

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Jayanga Dissanayake <jaya...@wso2.com>

> Hi All,
> With C5, we introduced "ConfigResolver" which enhances the user experience
> in changing configuration values. With the previous C4x approach, users had
> to know where the configuration files are and to, change several
> configuration files to get the product working in some scenarios.
> With "ConfigResolver" it allows us to have more frequently changing
> configurations in one location "deployment.properties" file.
> A product has set of configurations that are needed to be changed in the
> deployments and there are some other configurations that we don't change
> unless there is a complex situation. Hence, ideally, deployment.properties
> file should contain only the configurations that are frequently used and
> can add more entries if a requirement arise.
> But with the requirements coming in with the "profile" support [1]. we
> have to rethink the way config resolver handle the configuration files.
> eg:
> 1. We need to enable indexing in API store and publisher, not in other
> profiles.
> 2. Enabling certain handlers in particular profiles.
> At present, there is no configuration to enable/disable these features. We
> have to rethink the way we define configurations in features in future. We
> have to have a way to enable/disable certain features so that those could
> be disabled in certain profiles.
The above two examples that you have mentioned cannot be called features
(please correct me if am wrong). AFAIU those are functionalities which are
specific to profiles, i.e., certain features have multiple options
(configurations) based on which the features functionality changes.
Therefore the configurations can change from feature to feature?

> Any idea/questions/clarifications are highly appreciated as it will help
> to model the new configurations story in C5.
> [1] "Multiple profile support for C5 based products."
> Thanks,
> *Jayanga Dissanayake*
> Associate Technical Lead
> WSO2 Inc. - http://wso2.com/