@Sidath: as of now we haven't identified, which are the configurations that
are going to be frequently changing in the C5. But with the past
experience, we know that all the configurations are not going to be changed
in all deployments. So, the idea is to expose those configurations (which
are likely to be frequently changed) to the users via
deployment.properties.

@Niranjan: you are correct. It seems that wording is misleading. I was
referring to some functionalities that are present in some profiles but not
needed on other profiles. thanks for pointing this.

@Imesh/@Azeez: I also believe that merging all the configurations into one
file would complicate the configuration process.
eg: in APIM we have around 30 different xml files in the conf directory
(excluding tomcat and axis2). So, combining all these into one file would
complicate the user experience IMO.

Thanks,
Jayanga.

*Jayanga Dissanayake*