Hi Thusitha,

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <
thusit...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Since there will be multiple runtimes in a single product we need to get
> the information such as current runtime name/path etc..
>
> According to the EI structure, the startup script for each runtime resides
> in the <*ServerHome>/wso2/{runtime}/bin *directory. And there is a
> corresponding script at <*ServerHome>/bin* which will call the particular
> runtime's startup script.  Do we follow the same structure or we put all
> the startup scripts in the <*ServerHome>/bin* directory?
>
> IMHO We have following options
>
> *Option 1* - All startup scripts are in <*ServerHome>/wso2/{runtime}/bin *and
> linker script in <*ServerHome>/bin *(Similar to EI structure)
>
>    - Kernel feature can set the runtime.home based om the script location
>    (which will be required for config resolver and etc..) from the carbon.sh
>    so product teams don't have to change the default carbon.sh
>
> +1 for this option. In this way other products need not maintain runtime
specific carbon.sh file. This should come along with the Kernel runtime
specific feature. In-addition to this, it would be nice if the startall
script in the <SERVER_HOME>/bin finds the runtimes dynamically without
having specify it in the script. IMO we can get all the runtime which has a
carbon.sh file inside its bin directory  or getting all the folder names in
<SERVER_HOME>/wso2 excluding lib folder.

>    -
>
> *Option 2* - All startup scripts are in <*ServerHome>/bin*
>
>    - We can assume the startup script name is equivalent to runtime name.
>    apim.sh and set that as runtime.home.
>    - Product teams have to rename the default carbon.sh file to
>    relevant runtime name
>
> *Option 3 *- Can be any of above 2 options
>
>    - Default carbon.sh will set the runtime.home to "default" and product
>    team have to edit default script and change the runtime.home value in
>    product level.
>
> WDYT?
>
> Thanks
> Thusitha
>

> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 8:33 PM, KasunG Gajasinghe <kas...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Danesh,
>>
>> Please find some comments in-line.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Danesh Kuruppu <dan...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> In C5 based products, we can have multiple runtimes in the product
>>> package. For each runtime, there will be configuration(deployment.yaml),
>>> securevault, execution scripts(carbon.sh etc), logs, deployment specific
>>> only for that runtime. resources(wso2carbon.jks) and lib directory will be
>>> common to every runtime and those are placed at top level.
>>> So the directory structure of the basic distribution will be something
>>> like,
>>>

>> What's the difference between top-level conf/ folder and the conf/
>> folders under runtimes?
>>
>> And, how will this new directory structure affect the p2.inf
>> instructions? In the p2.inf, we define from/where to the config files.
>>

>>> wso2-carbon
>>>>

>>> Each runtime will be started as different processes/JVM and for the
>>> distributed setup, we are going to provide a tool to run each runtime in
>>> different nodes/containers.
>>>

>> Does this mean we can run multiple runtimes at the same time from a given
>> product instance?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> KasunG
>>

>>> We are currently working on this. Please share your thoughts /
>>> suggestions.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> --
>>>
>>> *Danesh Kuruppu*
>>> Senior Software Engineer | WSO2
>>>
>>> Email: dan...@wso2.com
>>> Mobile: +94 (77) 1690552 <077%20169%200552>
>>> Web: WSO2 Inc <https://wso2.com/signature>

>> *Kasun Gajasinghe*Associate Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc.
>> email: kasung AT spamfree wso2.com
>> linked-in: http://lk.linkedin.com/in/gajasinghe
>> blog: http://kasunbg.org
>> phone: +1 650-745-4499 <(650)%20745-4499>, 77 678 0813

> Thusitha Dayaratne
> WSO2 Inc. - lean . enterprise . middleware |  wso2.com
>
> Mobile  +94712756809 <+94%2071%20275%206809>
> Blog      alokayasoya.blogspot.com
> About    http://about.me/thusithathilina
> <http://wso2.com/signature>

Regards,