Hi all,

At the moment, analytics for microgateway is supported via a JAX-RS web app
and a custom component which are deployed in APIM publisher node. The
component was responsible for publishing the analytics data persisted in a
DB table to the Analytics server via thrift. As an improvement for this, we
have planned to move the web app to Analytics server and process the events
within itself which will remove the overhead of publishing data via thrift.
The micro-gateways will then upload the zip files with analytics data
directly to the analytics server so that we can eliminate an unnecessary
network hop.

For this, we have developed a working prototype which follows the following
design.

[image: micro-analytics.jpg]
​
With the above design, a user has to follow the following steps to setup
analytics in APIM Analytics server for micro-gateway.

1) Deploy the JAX-RS web app.
2) Deploy the custom event receiver jar file to dropins.
3) Deploy the CAPP with the custom event receivers for required streams.
4) Create a table in STATS_DB to persist the zip file
5) Start analytics server with a set of system properties which will
configure the Timer task intervals etc.

The micro-gateway needs to be configured with the JAX-RS web app's URI so
that it can periodically upload files with analytics data to the APIM
Analytics server.

Any feedback?

Thanks & Regards,

*Fazlan Nazeem*