Hi all,

For a user who use underlying runtime, he needs to be able to deploy his
artifacts into MI, start it and test. To facilitate that following approach
is taken.

1. User can develop his artifacts, and once he want to test, he can right
click composite application and say "deploy and run". This will present the
user a dialog to select which artifacts he wish to run. Once selected, a
CAR file named "TestCompositeApplication_1.0.0.car" will be created under
<EI_Tooling_Home>/Eclipse2.app/Contents/MacOS/runtime/wso2ei-6.4.0/wso2/micro-integrator/repository/deployment/server/carbonapps,
and MI runtime is automatically started.

2. Always this process will
         - remove TestCompositeApplication_1.0.0.car if exists
        - stop MI if started
        - copy new TestCompositeApplication_1.0.0.car with modified
artifacts
        - start MI runtime

3. To test MI we thought of packaging a lightweight open source REST plugin
(rather SOAP UI) with EI tooling [1]. Of course, users can use any external
tool for invocation if they wish to.

[1]. [EI Tooling] Pack Eclipse HTTP client { HTTP4e } into EI tooling

Above [1] and [2] completed with following PRs. We need to package this
into RCP pack, once it is completed.

https://github.com/wso2/devstudio-tooling-platform/pull/116
https://github.com/wso2/devstudio-tooling-ei/pull/219

Thanks

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 6:58 AM Hasitha Hiranya <hasit...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried to set where WSO2 Micro Integrator is for eclipse sever framework
> as a relative path as per above. But when we define relative path in
> server.definition.xml (which is read and interpreted by eclipse core
> libraries) it is not picked up. It needs absolute path.
>
> I decompiled some of Eclipse libraries and tried to understand what is
> going on, and tried to set location in two different ways, but did not
> succeed. What we are lacking is "How to set server location
> programmatically".
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:59 AM Prabushi Samarakoon <prabus...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Hasitha,
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:21 AM Hasitha Hiranya <hasit...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We decided to package Micro Integrator runtime under following folder.
>>>
>>> <EClipse_HOME>/runtime
>>>
>>> When giving the definition to the server, we need to programmatically
>>> point where the runtime is. According to Eclipse docs [1], this is
>>> differently set depending on operating system.
>>>
>>> Eclipse startup is controlled by the options in
>>> $ECLIPSE_HOME/eclipse.ini. If $ECLIPSE_HOME is not defined, the default
>>> eclipse.ini in your Eclipse installation directory (or in the case of
>>> Mac, the Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS directory) is used.
>>>
>>> Shall we use java system properties to ditect OS?[2], or should we force
>>> users to se $ECLIPSE_HOME?
>>>
>>  I think we can even define a system property within eclipse.ini file
>> while installing the composite p2, which can differentiate the
>> distributions, and refer that within devstudio code.
>>

>>> [1]. https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse.ini
>>> [2].