Tracing and logging problematic API calls definitely add value to product.
This is kind of alerting mechanism. But we should not stop from there. We
can go one step ahead and block calls with similar attributes. We can block
API calls temporary based on the API context, application id, user and IP
address. Then users who accessed honeypot APIs will not be able to use
other APIs.

Blocking condition related updates we can put into topic from traffic
manager. So we can use same mechanism here as well.

Thanks,
sanjeewa.

--
*Sanjeewa Malalgoda*
Software Architect | Associate Director, Engineering - WSO2 Inc.

GET INTEGRATION AGILE <https://wso2.com/signature>
Integration Agility for Digitally Driven Business