On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 4:33 AM Lahiru Madushanka <lahirum...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please find the description of the proposed model below.
>
> I am proposing to handle the single CAPP and multiple CAPPs scenarios
> differently.
>
>    - Single CAPP
>
> In this case we can add the spotify doker plugin to the pom file of carbon
> application project.
>
> Also we must copy the dockerFile to the CAPP project directly.
>
> Then, when user builds the project, spotify plugin is creating the new
> image using dokerFile.
>
> The docerFile is wtriten in such a way that it copy the CAPP inside the
> target folder to the MI carbonApps folder.
>
> [image: docker.jpg]
>

>    - Multiple CAPPs
>
> In this case we have to introduce a new project type called a docker
> project. ( which contains a pom file, dockerFile and a folder to put CAPPs )
>
> To select CAPPs for the image, we can provide a list of carbon
> applications in the curent workspace for the customer to choose.
>
> When customer choose a project, we can add the maven resource plugin to
> that carbon application project.
>
> Then, upon building those projects the resulting CAPP will be copied to
> the desired folder of docker project automatically.

IMO having the same approach for single or multiple CApps is better.
Therefore +1 for creating separate project type called Docker and allow add
any number of CApps there. However, I feel little differently on the file
management process.

Here is my suggestion,
- Car files are deployed in Maven repo(local or remote), which is what we
have now
- We will add the new Docker project type
- Upon building the Docker project, it will create Dockerfile in the target
directory

Nuwan, if we use 'Composite Application Project' for Dockerfile creation,
it will only contain single CApp that is created in that project. Isn't it?

Thanks.

> Then when we build the docker project, it will create a new image using
> all the copies of CAPPs resides in the carbon apps folder.
>
> [image: docker2.jpg]
>
> I tested this scenario with multiple CAPPs and its working fine.
> Your suggestions are highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> *Lahiru Madushanka* | Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc.
> 071 7276083 | lahirum...@wso2.com
> GET INTEGRATION AGILE
> Integration Agility for Digitally Driven Business
> <http://wso2.com/signature>

Lahiru Sandaruwan
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com

lean.enterprise.middleware