*Problem*

When we federate to other OpenID Connect Providers, we can send scope
values. However, currently the scope values are fixed per OP we define in
IS. This works fine if the service provider is not a OpenID Connect RP or
an RP not requesting scopes. If we are to support different scope
combinations that can be requested by different RPs, it is not scalable to
define individual OP configurations for each scope combination.

*Solution*

We must support scope mappings, so that we can map a set of scopes
requested by the RP to another set of scopes supported by the OP. This way
we don't need to create multiple OP configurations to support different
scope combinations requested by different RPs.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks & Regards,
Johann.

--
*Johann Dilantha Nallathamby* | Associate Director/Solutions Architect |
WSO2 Inc.