Dear ArchivesSpace members,

In their recommendations delivered at the end of December, the Staff Interface
Enhancement Working Group suggested retaining the services of a professional
user experience or design firm to provide additional guidance on the visual
layout of the staff interface. I'm pleased to announce that Cherry Hill
Company, who worked on the design phase of the public interface project, will
be working with us to provide a set of wireframes and a design guide for
optimal usability and accessibility of the staff interface. They will be using
the recommendations of the group to guide this process, and there will also be
opportunities for members to provide feedback at several points along the way.
We are aiming to have the final wireframes and design guide delivered by the
end of June 2018.

I should note that this project is focused on the layout and appearance of the
interface, with usability and accessibility as the chief considerations. There
are other projects that focus on adding and/or improving functionality in the
interface, some of which we anticipate may commence before the visual layout
project is complete.

If you have any questions, or if you know now that you would like to
participate in the feedback process, please get in touch. Thanks especially to
the Staff Interface Enhancement Working Group for identifying this as a need,
and to all of you that participated in that process.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibe...@lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibe...@lyrasis.org>