On 2020/03/19 13:51, Alan Corey wrote:
> See the answer I got.  -current is not for general consumption, it's a
> work in progress.  I tried it once years ago then had to replace it
> all later, since then I don't bother with it.  If you're not part of
> the R&D effort it's probably not worth it.

-current is in general just fine for non-developers as long as you are
prepared to update things if you want to install new packages.

This obviously doesn't work for everyone but for many people it is worth
it, at least on some machines. Benefits include access to newer packages
and being able to pick up on problems that are important to you before
they make it into a release.