Why isn't virtually everything financed by home equity loans?  The tax
advantage seems so large, and the loophole looks big enough to drive a
truck through.  What am I missing?
--
              Prof. Bryan Caplan           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/bcaplan

  "Is there anything more distinctly understood by all men, than
   what it is to see, to hear, to remember, to judge?  Yet it is
   the most difficult thing in the world to define these
   operations according to the rules of logical definition.  But
   it is not more difficult than it is useless.  Sometimes
   philosophers attempt to define them; but, if we examine their
   definitions, we shall find that they amount to no more than
   giving one synonymous word for another, and commonly a worse
   for a better."
      --Thomas Reid, *Essays on the Active Powers of Man*