Ed Dodson responding (chuckling) ...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In the 6/29/00 issue of the Wall Street Journal, specifically a lengthy article on
>the revival of legislation dealing with internet taxation, the following comment was
>made:

How long has it been since a university program in public policy (political science
department?) has taught Adam Smith's canons of taxation? My guess, not since about
1945, which about marks the time when any link between tax policies and a desire for
encourage sustained increases in output and equity in taxation were severed.

begin:vcard
n:Dodson;Edward
tel;fax:215-575-1718
tel;home:856-428-3472
tel;work:215-575-1819
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Fannie Mae;Housing and Community Development, Northeast Regional Office (NERO)
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Senior Affordable Housing Business Manager
note:If you need to reach me during non-business hours, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
adr;quoted-printable:;;1900 Market Street=0D=0ASuite 800;Philadelphia;PA;19103;U.S.A.
fn:Edward J. Dodson
end:vcard