The first player is at disadvantage when he has to
pick first.  If he is smart then he would pick a
number that lines in the middle.  The second player
will then pick the same number that is one less or
more depending which side has more numbers.

I wonder what kind of strategy is taken when it comes
to marriages/divorce?