In the recent PBS series "Commanding Heights" Alfred Kahn pointed out that
when he took over as head of the CAB, the largest division within the
agency was the enforcement division, making sure that prices were no too
low.  He also said the agency was measuring the size of sandwiches to make
sure they weren't too big.

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Bill's pint about quality competition.  I've heard that during the
> days of regulated air travel, airlines apparently competed on the beauty
> of the stewardesses.  I've been told by numerous sourcces (but have no
> real evidence) that some business magazines would rate the quality of
> the stewardesses in each airline.
>
> If you favor hiring people based on their ability to serve coffee and
> tea instead of their looks, you might favor deregulation.
>
> mitch mitchell

Art Woolf                               Phone: (802) 656-4711
Vermont Council on Economic Education
219 Kalkin Hall
University of Vermont                   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Burlington, VT  05405                   website:  www.bsad.uvm.edu/vcee