William Dickens wrote:

> >Come on, Fab - pointing out examples of brain >differences explaining
> >behavioral differences is hardly convincing evidence >that brain
> >differences are the right explanation in this case.
>
> Hey Bryan, don't you know the plural of anecdote is data? Seriously, there is plenty
>of evidence (and it is widely accepted) that injuries to different parts of the brain
>consistently produce particular changes in behavior. Not even Jensen would argue that
>g is the only aspect of neurology that matters for behavior (assuming g has a
>neurological basis which is not established).
>
> What is wrong with the notion that there are parts of the brain that specialize in
>controling social behavior and that they develop late?

Nothing, if you actually have some facts about the brain to share with
us.  But great as we all know Fab is, I don't think his original post
had any such facts to share.  I don't think Fab had anymore reason to
say that "children's brains simply aren't developed enough to cooperate"
than he had to say "Bryan's brain simply isn't developed enough to watch
football."

>We know that there are some profoundly specialized cognitive abilities having to do
>precisely with regulating trading behavior. Maybe they develop more slowly than other
>aspects of personality.  - - Bill Dickens

Yea, maybe.  But I was hoping for a less hand-waving answer.

--
                        Prof. Bryan Caplan
       Department of Economics      George Mason University

        "He lives in deadly terror of agreeing;
         'Twould make him seem an ordinary being.
         Indeed, he's so in love with contradiction,
         He'll turn against his most profound conviction
         And with a furious eloquence deplore it,
         If only someone else is speaking for it."
                  Moliere, *The Misanthrope*