Can economics provide any answers the the question, "what should be done about the
problem of deadly bacteria developing resistence to antibiotics?" The reason I ask is
it seems to be a prisoner's delimma. If everybody would forego the use of antibiotics,
except in extreme circumstances, bacteria would not be able to evolve so quickly into
antibiotic resistant strains. But I'm not everybody, I'm only me. I should take
antibiotics whenever my health would benefit from my doing so.

Warm regards,
Michael Giesbrecht
Internet Engineering
Lucasfilm Ltd.

"I am anticipating the day when the possession of Tibet and Afghanistan will be
represented as vitally necessary to the security of Kansas and Nebraska. There is no
logical end to this elastic conception of 'security' short of the conquest of the
whole world." --William Henry Chamberlin, "War - Shortcut to Fascism," American
Mercury, LI, 204 (December 1940)