William Dickens wrote:

>change in PV of future earnings as a result of 9/11 related events and that would be
>stretching.

Why is that such a stretch?  Isn't there a significant possibility that
the ultimate effect will be a substantial expansion of the military,
with only a fraction of the losses from the civilian for-profit sector
going to the military for-profit sector?

--
                        Prof. Bryan Caplan
       Department of Economics      George Mason University

     "But being alone he had begun to conceive thoughts of
      his own unlike those of his brethren."

              --J.R.R. Tolkien, *The Silmarillion*