Re: greater utility tomorrow argument: then taken to the extreme, your
fund should not go to charity when you die but continue to grow until
mankind can realistically forecast the end of the world at which point the
fund (now an enormous asset) can be directed to improve the lives the least
well-off of the last citizens of the world.  My real criticism is the
implicit notion that the future value of utility (because of the inside
buildup of your bequest) is greater than the present value of that bequest.