I remember a discussion with Bryan, where he claimed that the average
proportion of income donated to charity is about 1% or 2%. Say somebody
makes $30K, that $300/year. I can easily imagine a religious person
giving a few bucks a week to church ($2x52= $110) plus maybe some extra
during fund raising drives at church and work ($200 total). So people are
willing to give about $30 month to charity.

Is that low or high? I'd say it's probably ok, most people can't afford to
give much anyway, with mortages, student loans, children, etc. Only the
wealthy could give thousands and still pay the phone bill.

Fabio