Sorry, I forgot to include sessionInfo

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=C              LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
 [1] sfit_0.1.9             ACNE_0.4.2             MASS_7.3-7
 [4] aroma.affymetrix_1.7.0 aroma.apd_0.1.7        affxparser_1.20.0
 [7] R.huge_0.2.0           aroma.core_1.7.0       aroma.light_1.18.2
[10] matrixStats_0.2.2      R.rsp_0.4.0            R.cache_0.3.0
[13] R.filesets_0.9.0       digest_0.4.2           R.utils_1.5.3
[16] R.oo_1.7.4             R.methodsS3_1.2.1

[1] tools_2.11.1

Thanks,
Oscar

Hi all,

I'm trying to normalize several thousands of tumor samples using aroma. The
BAF profiles I get using

> AvgCnPlm(csN, mergeStrands=TRUE, combineAlleles=FALSE)

are quite noisy, so I have started using ACNE for getting 'cleaner' ones.
The problem is that I don't want to use the tumors as a reference, because
some of them have a lot of alterations. With aroma I used the 'target=0'
option to get log intensities and then I normalized them against my pool of
normals or against them matched normal if available  just subtracting the
values.
For ACNE it seems I have to specify the reference, so I created folders for
each of my matched pairs and used

> NmfSnpPlm(csN, mergeStrands=TRUE, refs=c(FALSE, TRUE))

To indicate that the second array is the normal and the first the tumor.

Is this the best way to proceed in my situation?

The former command produces the following values for chromosome 2:

> summary(data)
total             freqB
Min.   :    0.0   Min.   :    NA
 1st Qu.:    0.0   1st Qu.:    NA
 Median :  905.6   Median :    NA
 Mean   : 2345.2   Mean   :   NaN
 3rd Qu.: 4192.8   3rd Qu.:    NA
 Max.   :53200.6   Max.   :    NA
                   NA's   :153732

So it's clear that I'm doing something wrong. Does anyone know what is it?

Thanks in advance,

Oscar

Oscar M. Rueda, PhD
Postdoc, Breast Cancer Functional Genomics
Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute
Li Ka Shing Centre
Robinson Way
Cambridge CB2 0RE
England

This communication is from Cancer Research UK. Our website is at
www.cancerresearchuk.org. We are a registered charity in England and Wales
(1089464) and in Scotland (SC041666) and a company limited by guarantee
registered in England and Wales under number 4325234. Our registered address is
Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London, EC1V 4AD. Our central telephone
number is 020 7242 0200.

This communication and any attachments contain information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.   It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication
or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender and delete the email and destroy any copies of it.

E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept liability for any
such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail
is taken to accept the risks in doing so.