Hi.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Kai <wangz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply. What you have suggested works,
> with the only problem being that there are now repeated sample names
> such that the links generated by ChromosomeExplorer don't work
> properly. I think this is because that I have analyzed the same sample
> twice, once w.r.t the matched parental DNA (paired analysis), the
> other time w.r.t. the Hapmap average (unpaired analysis). So my
> question is whether there is a way I can change the names of datasets
> in a AromaUnitTotalCnBinarySet. My current codes look like the
> following:
>
> library("aroma.affymetrix");
> # Preprocessing using CRMAv2
> dataSet = "Resistant_model";
> chipType = "GenomeWideSNP_6";
> cdf <- AffymetrixCdfFile$byChipType(chipType, tags="Full");
> dsC = doCRMAv2(dataSet, cdf=cdf);

> # paired analysis
> idxP <- match("Parental", getNames(dsC));
> dsP <- extract(dsC, idxP);
> idxR <- match("Resistant", getNames(dsC));
> dsR <- extract(dsC, idxR);

Here I would add a "sanity check" just in case:

stopifnot(nbrOfArrays(dsP) == nbrOfArrays(dsR));

because that is what you assume when you setup CbsModel() below, correct?

> # unpaired analysis
> ds <- AromaUnitTotalCnBinarySet$byName("SNP6_HAPMAP_FEMALE",
> tags="ACC,ra,-XY,BPN,-XY,AVG,A+B,FLN,-XY", chipType=chipType);
> # get Hapmap average file
> dfRef <- getAverageFile(ds, verbose=verbose);
> # combine paired and unpaired analysis
> dfRefList <- rep(list(dfRef), times=2);
> dsRef <- AromaUnitTotalCnBinarySet(dfRefList);

Here you create a data set 'dsRef' with *two* copies of the
HapMap-pooled reference file...

> append(dsR,dsC);
> append(dsP,dsRef);

...and from those two lines, I suspect it is because 'dsC' contains
*two* files, correct?  If so, I would replace the above to be:

dfRefList <- rep(list(dfRef), times=nbrOfArrays(dsC));

If this is not what you've intended, I think there is something wrong.

> cns <- CbsModel(dsR,dsP);
> ce <- ChromosomeExplorer(cns);
> process(ce, verbose=verbose);
>
> The problem arose when I appended "dsC" to "dsR": since "dsC" already
> contains "dsR", the resulting variable will contain three datasets:
> (dsR, dsR, dsP).

Yes.

> The corresponding reference set contains (dsP,
> Hapmap, Hapmap).

So, comment above.

> These three comparisons are what I intended to do,
> but the two "dsR"s will have the same name which has caused the
> ChromosomeExplorer display problem.

Correct.

The easiest is to use the setAlias() method on the ChromosomeExplorer
object, e.g.

names <- getNames(ce);
isHapMap <- (getNames(dsP) == getName(dfRef));
names[isHapMap] <- sprintf("%s-vs-HapMap", names[isHapMap]);
setAlias(ce, names);

Hope this helps

Henrik